IJF REFEREEING RULES
2013 – 2016 To experiment from the Paris Grand Slam 2013 up to the Rio World Championships (included) the following items:
Referee and judges.
Only one referee on the mat and one referee at a video check table with a radio communication assisted by a referee commission member or another referee will judge the fights. A rotation system will be implemented for the Referees. The IJF Jury will interfere only when they consider it to be necessary.
-IPPON: to give more value «to take into account only the techniques with real impact on the ground on the back».
Landing on the bridge position:
All situations of landing on the bridge position will be considered Ippon.
– During the fight there will be three Shidos, and the fourth Hansoku-make (3 warnings and then disqualification).
– Shidos do not give points to the other fighter, only technical scores can give points on the scoreboard.
– At the end of the fight, if scoring is equal, the one with less Shido wins.
– If the fight continues to golden score (due to a draw), the first receiving a Shido loses, or the first scoring a technique will win.
Penalized with Shido:
– Breaking the grip with 2 hands.
– Cross gripping should be followed by an immediate attack. Same rule as for the belt gripping and one side gripping.
– The referees should strictly penalize the contestants who do not engage in a quick Kumikata grip or who try not to be gripped by the opponent.
– To hug the opponent for a throw. (Bear hug).
Penalized with Hansoku-make:
– All attacks or blocking with one or two hands or with one or two arms below the belt in Tachi-waza.
Osaekomi, Kansetsu-waza and Shime-waza
– Will continue also outside of the contest area as long as Osaekomi was called inside.
– Osaekomi scores 10 seconds for Yuko, 15 seconds for Waza-ari, and 20 seconds for Ippon.
– The Kansetsu-waza and Shime-waza initiated inside the contest area and recognized as being effective to the opponent can be maintained even if the contestants are outside the contest area.
Cadets – U 18: Kansetsu-waza authorized for Cadets.
– When entering the tatami area, fighters should walk to the entrance of the contest area at the same time and bow to each other into the contest area.
– The contestants must not shake hands BEFORE the start of the contest.
Duration of Contests
– No time limit for Golden Score (Hantei is cancelled).